03 December 2008

i heart coffee: a brief history


The New York Times published a delightful story, as part of its "Abstract City" column, about one man's love affair with coffee, as illustrated by coffee art on napkins.

My own love affair with coffee is as varied and as storied as his-- from mooching off my father's brew that he'd leave on after heading to his 5am shift while I was getting ready for high school at 7am to avoiding it altogether in college (I suddenly became "overly sensitive" to caffeine). I picked the habit back up and watched it develop into its current state of obsession due to a certain ex-boyfriend and the introduction of the french press-- of which my personal one recently broke, much to my horrid dismay. So now I'm back to wrangling our office manager over whether 7 scoops or 8 scoops of grounds should go into our 10 cup office coffee pot (I'd aim for 10 scoops, but that's quite the lofty goal right now, so I settle for a more realistic compromise).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home