Admit it, You're Just Jealous
I'd had my very, very important weekly meeting with my manager yesterday in which he talks about how good the surf has been lately and how raising a baby is an exhausting but exhilerating experience, while I babble on concerning the errands I forgot to run at lunch, how my BF makes me breakfast every morning so I'm not late for the train, and how I really, really can't imagine making all the dots connect with a kid in the picture, let alone 2. Or 5 (kidding! BF, calm down).
He asks me about upcoming deadlines. I shrug and say, "not much really" but I'm really thinking, "score! I get to leave early on Friday!"
Then he drops the bomb: "Cool, write a blog entry for us then."
My shoulders sink. There goes the early-Friday escape act.
But then he follows it up with, "face it, Mo, you'd rather be blogging than doing half the crap you do around here anyways."
He has a point.
Then it dawns on me.
I get paid to blog.
Bwwahahahaha!
Score!
Now that's what you'd call laughing all the way to the bank.


4 Comments:
hell yeah!
now take off the rest of the day.
ehhem...I think I'm the one that made the comment about "getting paid to blog"...hey if you're making money off your writing talent, then I want my just royalties ;-)
i guess you don't have to hide your blogging at work like many of us...
alt-tab.. all day long
Post a Comment
<< Home