back pedal! back pedal! back pedal!
I've been having this itchy, antsy feeling like I really want something BIG to happen to me lately. All around me people are getting pregnant or married (really-- 3 friends fit into these categories in the last 6 months). And since I'm not exactly there yet in terms of life stages, I've been left to think, "mmm, maybe a want a new car" and "no, a vacation sounds better." That's the car I want, on the left, by the way.I called the BF to lament about this need-something-big-to-happen feeling and of course, in a calm and rationale way he states, "Ah, yes, I've seen this before."
"What? Seen what before?" I ask, visions of calamity and mental instability stirring inside my head.
"You're turning 30."
Lights and bells and whistles! Sirens! Ding-ding-ding! By golly, I think he's right. All of a sudden I am acutely aware that I feel like I'm passing through the portal. 20-something-who-gives-sh**-youth to 30-something-gulp-adult.
Not that I hadn't noticed my grown-up-like responsibilities before. I've been paying my own high-speed Internet bill for quite some time, thank you very much.
It's just... there it is. Staring me in the face. 30.
And yes, I have 9 months to go. 9 months and 7 days to go, actually. But still. 30.

I'm fighting the temptation to slam on the breaks and scream out "backpedal!!" at the top of my lungs.
So, I guess the only question now is, Maui or the Mazda?


11 Comments:
Maui Maui Maui
For the record, 30's are the best. You should be saying, "Kiss my ass good-bye twenties!" Because, really, the 20's are for fools and drunks. The 30's rule! Welcome to womanhood little Mojito.
I would normally say Maui but I have been coveting that car for the last year. So, not without bias, I say: car!
9 months and 7 days?
that sounds like just enough time if you get working at it right away
Sheesh, you've hardly even lived. I agree with sweet cheeks - the 30's is a great time in your life. Too bad I'm leaving that in 6 months and 19 days...
Buy the car and go on vacation! Go big or go home!
43 days until, GUUULP, 30. Yikes. Oh wait, thats right, 5 months until junior arrives. Man, have I got some serious biking and drinking with buddies to cram in to my life in a short period of time. Hopefully on the big 3-0, I'll get plenty of both to last for awhile.
leonard. she's pregnant. you're done already. hell, you were done even before she got pregnant.
all-- continue with the pep talk. i need it. :-)
let's see... maybe it's different for guys. since we'll always be immature, it doesn't really matter how old you are. so you see, age is all relative ;-)
gin- i want your secret rejuvenation tonic. seriously, you don't look a hair older than 30!
my vote is for vacation. let's go to belgium, the netherlands, and france!
vaca!!!
Mowwwwweeee!!!@
(then save up for the Mazda3 when you get back.. hell, you might even say f' the new car urge when you get back)
go for both! and then get pregnant and married. or not.
I think the boy just offered to take you to europe so stop whining, okay? I need a boy to take me to europe (accepting applications here).
my 30s sucked big time. sometime over a beer I'll tell my tale. but my 40s are rockin' it!
That's becasue 40 is the new 30 VG.
Don't let age pressure you into making decisions Mojito.
I'd buy the car and go to Maui. Why settle?
Post a Comment
<< Home