26 January 2007

I feel special

I got tagged. Someone likes me. And yes, I'm a pretty outgoing (ok, that's an understatement) person and tend to wear my life on my sleeve. And on my blog. But here's five things you may not likely know about me:

1. I get the undeniable urge to snot rocket while walking the six blocks to work from the train station every morning. I get my heart rate up since one of the blocks is a hill. My nose runs. I sniffle. What can I say? Too much time spent on the bike, I suppose. I can snot rocket and hawk a loogie just as far as any guy I know. My best friend in 10th grade, Stacie Goldstein, taught me how. Hot, huh?

2. I'm still scared of the boogie monster. Whenever I live in a house with a bedroom that has a sliding door closet, I close the closet every night before I go to bed. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. While that doesn't currently apply since I now have a "walk-through" closet in my studio-- you have to walk through it to get to the bathroom-- I bought a night light at Home Depot just last weekend to keep the scary-ness away when I go to sleep. Even though I have a BF regularly in my bed who would protect me. You know, in case, eh hem, something's there.

3. I was born with a hole in my heart. Yep, you read that right. Pulmonary stenosis and ventricular septal defect. A Tetralogy of Fallot. I had surgery to fix it when I was 2. I'm fine now. Except I still have a small murmur. I have to take gross antibiotics whenever I go to the dentist. And I think it's the real reason why I can train for hours on the bike and still be slower than all my friends. Maybe I just need slower friends.

4. I used to smoke a pack a day. I was one of those kids that ditched classes, hung out at the park after school,fought, and smoked. I never got suspended, but I was quite the regular at detention. I used to wear 10-hole Ox Blood Doc Martens. I didn't own a pair of tennis shoes until after college. I hated P.E. and was always the slowest runner in class. When I was in 6th grade, I forged a note to my P.E. teacher that said "Meredith is not feeling well today, please excuse her from P.E. class." My teacher figured it out (with my scrawly 6th grade handwriting, I'm sure it wasn't hard), called my mom, and I was punished-- I never got the scooter I wanted for Hannukah.

5. I know every line to The Breakfast Club. Parenthood too. The two used to be my favorite movies but they were recently superceded by Garden State.

I now tag the BF because I think he's the only person I know in my blogosphere who hasn't been tagged yet.

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

dang, you're young, aren't you.?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i've seen a few babies with T of F and it's very nice to know a 'grown-up' who is doing so well--makes me smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home